Many of us associate chest pain with the heart attacks. But, chest pain alone does not tell the entire story. This holds real, particularly for women. Even though chest pain is the most common symptom associated with heart attack, women can experience symptoms that are not in any way connected with chest pain. So, it is highly significant that they should carefully consider the other subtle signs. This holds particularly true in the case of women coming under the risky category. For instance, women with diabetes and also those with a family history of heart disease are at higher risk.
Three Symptoms to Watch
Women should be aware of three subtle signs of heart attack that they never consider to be a heart attack symptom. When they have any of these symptoms, it is better to get a medical help without any delay:
If you are a busy woman with a whole lot of responsibilities in your day-to-day life, you might feel that feeling tired is something universal. But, if you experience fatigue that is dramatic or new, it is better to have a look carefully. Here are certain instances:
- If you suddenly wear out after a workout routine.
- You have not exerted yourself for some time, but still, you feel tiredness or chest heaviness.
- When even simple activities, for example, walking to the washroom make you tired.
- Even though you are tired, in case, you have sleep disturbances.
In these instances, it is better to consult your doctor without any delay. It can be a sign of a heart attack. However, it is not necessarily going to be a sign, but it can be any other cause of dehydration as well. So to make sure that everything is fine, visit your doctor.
Shortness of Breath and Sweating:
When women get old, the graduate weight gain and also lack of physical activities can lead to shortness of breath in them. Also, hot flashes are also common when they near their menopause stage. But, these things can be symptoms of a heart problem in the following instances:
- Shortness of breath and sweating all of a sudden without any efforts
- Continuous or worsening breathlessness after an exertion
- If the shortness of breath improves when propping up and worsens when lying down.
- Cold or clammy feeling when there is no real cause of stress.
- Shortness of breath or sweating when accompanied by other symptoms like fatigue or chest pain.
Back, Jaw and Neck Pain:
As the systems in the human body are intricate, they are very much shrewd in giving signals when there is something wrong. For instance, when there is an issue with the heart, it triggers the nerves in that area. But, you will feel the pain in some other area of the body.
For instance, you might feel the pain in arms, back or jaw, mainly when the origin is heart to point out. When you feel the pain when you exert yourself, and it relieves once you stop your workout session, it is essential to get it checked.
Other Signs to Look For:
- In general, men will have pain in the left arm as a sign of heart attack. But in the case of women, they can have pain in either hand.
- Also, pain in the upper or lower back generally begins in the chest and spread to these areas.
- Sometimes, the pain can arise all of a sudden not because of physical exertion. Also, it can wake you up at night.
- You might feel that the pain is particularly associated with the left side of your body and lower side of your jaw.
There was thought earlier that women do not get heart attacks. But, this is not true these days. Women are also losing their lives to a heart attack. So, they should be highly careful about the signs and should seek immediate medical attention.
They should remember that their life is not just their life. They have the family members, who wholly rely on them for food and other requirements. Only when they are healthy, the entire family will stay happy.